On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 09:10:14AM +0100, Lukáš Doktor wrote: > The problem with those is that we can not simply use travis/gitlab/... machines for running those tests, because we are measuring in-guest actual performance. We can't just stop the time when the machine decides to schedule another container/vm. I briefly checked the public bare-metal offerings like rackspace but these are most probably not sufficient either because (unless I'm wrong) they only give you a machine but it is not guaranteed that it will be the same machine the next time. If we are to compare the results we don't need just the same model, we really need the very same machine. Any change to the machine might lead to a significant difference (disk replacement, even firmware update...). Do you have a suggested bare metal setup? I think it's more complicated than having a single bare metal host. It could involve a network boot server, a network traffic generator machine for external network iperf testing, etc. What is the minimal environment needed for bare metal hosts? Stefan