QEMU-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Re: Differing PAC behavior between Qemu and Arm FVP
       [not found]   ` <CAJoBWHypu+nJ4L3fE-tQzr_EWf294THGQkovTrn+j5iQ+b4MyA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-07-30 20:23     ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2020-07-30 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derrick McKee; +Cc: qemu-arm, Richard Henderson, QEMU Developers

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 21:06, Derrick McKee <derrick.mckee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I just got a SIGILL trying to execute a stg instruction with the QEMU version later in this thread, but the same instruction works correctly on the FVP.  Are you sure that all the MTE functionality is present in the master head?

I would recommend that you cc qemu-devel and Richard on
these emails...

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: Differing PAC behavior between Qemu and Arm FVP
@ 2020-07-31 17:56       ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2020-07-31 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, Derrick McKee; +Cc: qemu-arm, QEMU Developers

On 7/30/20 1:23 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 21:06, Derrick McKee <derrick.mckee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I just got a SIGILL trying to execute a stg instruction with the QEMU version later in this thread, but the same instruction works correctly on the FVP.  Are you sure that all the MTE functionality is present in the master head?
>
> I would recommend that you cc qemu-devel and Richard on
> these emails...

Yes, I'm sure all of the MTE functionality is there.

You'll need to submit a bug report with more details than that.

r~