qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* [Qemu-devel] Strange monitor/stdout issue on qemu-system-sparc/qemu-system-ppc
@ 2016-01-31 15:19 Mark Cave-Ayland
From: Mark Cave-Ayland @ 2016-01-31 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi Daniel,

Commit d0d7708ba29cbcc343364a46bff981e0ff88366f "qemu-char: add logfile
facility to all chardev backends" appears to be causing problems with
the monitor and stdin/stdout on both qemu-system-sparc/qemu-system-ppc here.

On current git master I see the following behaviour changes when
launching qemu-system-ppc/qemu-system-sparc directly from the command
line with no parameters:

- Serial port output is now also written to stdout

- The monitor output also appears on stdout by default, rather than
being enabled with CTRL-A-c. However if I enter this sequence manually
on stdin then I am unable to enter or interact with the monitor.

- If I use the gtk interface to switch to the monitor terminal and
attempt to type, I get multiple copies of each letter echoed back in the
graphical terminal

Are there other changes that need to be made to these targets in order
for the functionality to work as before?

Many thanks,

Mark.