On 14.08.19 22:22, Maxim Levitsky wrote: > With upcoming key management, the header will > need to be stored after the image is created. > > Extracting load header isn't strictly needed, but > do this anyway for the symmetry. > > Also I extracted a function that does basic sanity > checks on the just read header, and a function > which parses all the crypto format to make the > code a bit more readable, plus now the code > doesn't destruct the in-header cipher-mode string, > so that the header now can be stored many times, > which is needed for the key management. > > Also this allows to contain the endianess conversions > in these functions alone > > The header is no longer endian swapped in place, > to prevent (mostly theoretical races I think) > races where someone could see the header in the > process of beeing byteswapped. The formatting looks weird, it doesn’t look quite 72 characters wide... (what commit messages normally use) > Signed-off-by: Maxim Levitsky > --- > crypto/block-luks.c | 756 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------ > 1 file changed, 440 insertions(+), 316 deletions(-) Also, this commit is just too big. Max