Alistair Francis writes: > This sounds like something that the platform spec should contain. I'm frankly happy with it specifying the semantics by reference to the ARM docs -- that way we can easily share existing code without concern about subtle semantic differences. The only thing that would be useful is to clarify the low-level ABI details about argument passing, but given that the ARM semihosting spec passes arguments in the standard registers, extrapolating that to RISC-V is not exactly difficult. > +Atish +Palmer who are in charge of that. > > @Keith maybe you should contact the platform spec group and ask them > to look into this? I can certainly ask to have the argument passing details clarified; I doubt that group would be interested in adopting the whole semihosting spec and publishing it separately. -- -keith