Jean-Philippe Brucker writes: > At the moment when the guest writes a status of 0, we only reset the > virtio core state but not the virtio-mmio state. The virtio-mmio > specification says (v1.1 cs01, 4.2.2.1 Device Requirements: > MMIO Device Register Layout): > > Upon reset, the device MUST clear all bits in InterruptStatus and > ready bits in the QueueReady register for all queues in the device. > > The core already takes care of InterruptStatus by clearing isr, but we > still need to clear QueueReady. > > It would be tempting to clean all registers, but since the specification > doesn't say anything more, guests could rely on the registers keeping > their state across reset. Linux for example, relies on this for > GuestPageSize in the legacy MMIO tranport. > > Fixes: 44e687a4d9ab ("virtio-mmio: implement modern (v2) personality (virtio-1)") > Signed-off-by: Jean-Philippe Brucker > --- > This fixes kexec of a Linux guest that uses the modern virtio-mmio > transport. > --- > hw/virtio/virtio-mmio.c | 14 ++++++++++++++ > 1 file changed, 14 insertions(+) LGTM, thanks! Reviewed-by: Sergio Lopez