qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
From: "Alex Bennée" <alex.bennee@linaro.org>
To: Niraj Sorathiya <nirajsorathiya101@gmail.com>
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: Emulation of IOT hardware
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 14:04:29 +0100	[thread overview]

Niraj Sorathiya <nirajsorathiya101@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Team,
>
> Would you please give me some suggestions on how I should proceed to
> build an IOT (Internet of Things) emulator ?

Maybe look at the Musca boards:

  https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system/arm/musca.html

these are based ARM's IoTKit which are modern ARM M-profile boards for IoT development.

> What aspects do I
> need to consider ?  IOT can be anything like a smart light ,smart bulb ,smart lock ,etc. Here smart means that the device can be controlled
> via the internet.

It really depends on what you are interested in modelling?

One area where we currently fall down is how we handle GPIO type setups
in emulation. While we have models for displays and backends for network
and block devices we haven't got coherent way to represent (and change)
arbitrary IO pins.

--
Alex Bennée