On 17.10.19 15:01, Kevin Wolf wrote: > This series adds a new tool 'qemu-storage-daemon', which can be used to > export and perform operations on block devices. Looks good to me. I remember a discussion at some KVM Forum a couple of years ago where someone (Berto?) was asking about adding QMP to qemu-nbd. I found it a pragmatic solution, but I remember that Markus was against it, based on the fact that we wanted qemu -M none. Well, but anyway. Just as I didn’t have anything against adding QMP to qemu-nbd, I don’t have anything against adding a new application that kind of fulfills the same purpose. And I think introducing a new application instead of reusing qemu-nbd that focuses on all-around QAPI compatibility (which qemu-nbd decidedly does not have) makes sense. The only thing I don’t like is the name, but that’s what is for. :-) Max