On 7/17/19 2:21 PM, John Snow wrote: >> >> Is this worth squeezing into 4.1, to start the deprecation clock one >> cycle earlier (on the grounds that the missing information for anonymous >> nodes is a bug)? Or am I pushing the boundaries too far, where keeping >> this as 4.2 material remains the best course of action? >> > > Appealing option. If you think the deprecation plan is actionable enough > for libvirt, I'm in favor. I know my code for scraping query-block output during virDomainCheckpointGetXMLDesc(,VIR_DOMAIN_CHECKPOINT_XML_SIZE) that reports the size of the bitmap to the end user hasn't landed yet, and that appears to be the only client in libvirt of this information at the moment; but it's not a problem for me to check introspection for where to find it (as libvirt already has a good framework for scraping introspection for other reasons). -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3226 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org