On 26.02.20 18:19, Alberto Garcia wrote: > On Fri 21 Feb 2020 03:57:27 PM CET, Max Reitz wrote: >> As noted in v2, this function is only called when downgrading qcow2 >> images to v2. It kind of made sense to just call set_l2_bitmap() in >> v2, but now with the if () conditional... I suppose it may make more >> sense to assert that the image does not have subclusters at the >> beginning of the function and be done with it. > > Hmmm, you're right. > >> OTOH, well, this does make ensuring that we have subcluster “support” >> everywhere a bit easier because this way all set_l2_entry() calls are >> accompanied by an “if (subclusters) { set_l2_bitmap() }” part. > > Another alternative is to assert that the image does not have subcluster > but still leave a comment after both set_l2_entry() calls explaining why > there's no need to touch the bitmap. Sounds good. Max