On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 at 17:12, Alex Bennée wrote: > > Shreyansh Chouhan writes: > > > Hey everyone! > > > > I want to work on implementing the emulation for the VritioSound device. > I > > contacted the mentor for the project, (Greg), who said it's fine and > that I > > should declare it on the mailing list in order to find out if someone > else > > is already working on this project. That is what this mail is for. I > tried > > searching for "Virtio", "Sound", and "VirtioSound" in the qemu-devel > > mailing archives but couldn't find anything. If someone is already > working > > on it, please let me know, and if not then I'll start working on it right > > away. > > I'm not working on it but please feel free to CC me on discussion and > patches. I have a general interest on Virtio IO implementations at the > moment. > Sure! (Though I should mention that I do not know a lot about the virtio architecture yet. I am still reading up about it. So most of my mails might be (silly) queries. Though I hope to learn about it soon and send in some patches and tests :) > Are you planning to make it an in-QEMU device or maybe a external > vhost-user daemon? > The project page states that we need to use the QEMU audio subsystem for playing and capturing audio samples. I am not entirely sure if this implies that the device should be an in-QEMU device or if it could be an external daemon. What do you suggest? cc Gerd Hoffman > > -- > Alex Bennée >