I tested my code with the vgabios-ati.bin rom file and it seems to get passed the earlier issue I had. I have cleaned up my code and have sent a new patch series. The new one is pretty big but it contains only the necessary header files and it should be a little easier to review On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:02 PM Daniel P. Berrangé wrote: > On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 05:12:10PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote: > > Hi, > > > > > It does become a slight usability issue, as any users need to go and > find > > > the suitable BIOS in order to use the device. No downstream OS vendors > are > > > going to be able to distribute this BIOS either > > > > > > I don't know if we have hit this problem before & if we have any > > > general policies about it ? > > > > Booting from lsi scsi adapter used to work with a vendor bios only > > loooooong ago. Fixed by adding an lsi driver to seabios. > > > > Building a r300 vgabios shouldn't be too hard, we already have > > support in seavgabios for the other ati variants emulated by qemu. > > That sounds reasonable, so it is fine to add r300 to QEMU without the BIOS. > > Regards, > Daniel > -- > |: https://berrange.com -o- > https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :| > |: https://libvirt.org -o- > https://fstop138.berrange.com :| > |: https://entangle-photo.org -o- > https://www.instagram.com/dberrange :| > >