Il dom 2 feb 2020, 10:22 Kevin Wolf ha scritto: > Am 31.01.2020 um 13:27 hat Eric Blake geschrieben: > > On 1/28/20 6:54 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote: > > > > > > > > > > The arguments as dotted keys: > > > > > > > > id=bar,backend.type=file,backend.data.out=/tmp/bar.log > > > > > > > > Observe there's quite some of nesting. While that's somewhat > cumbersome > > > > in JSON, it's a lot worse with dotted keys, because there nesting > means > > > > repeated key prefixes. I could give much worse examples, actually. > > > > > > This is true, but even without the repeated keys (e.g. in a syntax that > > > would use brackets), it would still be unnecessarily verbose and > > > probably hard to remember: > > > > > > id=bar,backend={type=file,data={out=/tmp/bar.log}} > > [...] I actually think that a syntax like this might make sense for > something like qmp-shell. It might even be more convenient on the > command line than dotted keys if you get a lot of repetition (despite > the required quoting), but it's strictly speaking incompatible because > you could use {} in strings today. > If you are willing to feed schema info to the parser, in principle you could keep backwards compatibility. There would be limitations such as putting the discriminator before the fields, so I am not sure it's a good idea. Better QOM introspection would be a requirement, too. Paolo > Kevin > >