On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 8:18 AM Markus Armbruster wrote: > John Snow writes: > > > On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 9:53 AM Daniel P. Berrangé > > wrote: > > > >> On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 12:55:34PM -0400, John Snow wrote: > > [...] > > >> > - Any weekday after 13:00 UTC. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays work > >> > particularly well for me at the moment. > >> > - bluejeans and google meeting both work well for me. Open to > alternatives. > > Congratulations, you've just crowned yourself meeting organizer! Pick a > date, time, and place, then herd the cats there. > > ACK. Will send out a proper invite. > I can't do next Friday. I think we should aim for next week, to give us > time to coordinate and to prepare. > > ACK > >> Are you suggesting a 1-off meeting or a regular meeting, or an adhoc > >> set of meetings ? > >> > >> > > I'm proposing a one-off here just for some initial discussion and > planning. > > (We didn't have a QAPI BoF at KVM Forum and I'd like something similar > > now.) I don't expect we'll really "finish" plotting out a roadmap in a > > single 60 minute meeting, but it will probably give us good, targeted > > discussions on the ML to follow. If more meetings are desired to discuss > > specific topics, I'm not against scheduling them as-needed. > > Let's have one now, and then more as needed. > > Jumping into the meeting unprepared, then spending half of the alloted > time listening to people explaining where they want to take QAPI seems > like a bad use of our time. Better: write it up and post it, so we can > all read before we meet. Do not reply, except perhaps to ask for > clarification. Discuss in the meeting. > > I can see such posts from Marc-Andre, Kevin, and Daniel. Some of them > could use a bit more detail, perhaps. > > Thoughts? > > Works for me. I can send out a short summary beforehand, too, but I will want to aggregate them in bullet-list digestible form for the meeting minutes. I am suggesting a call to begin with so that I can set aside a time specifically to discuss items with all interested parties ... at a time when I'm awake. O:-) > > (I personally don't really mind semi-regular sync-up meetings, like once > > every other month or something to that effect -- it keeps me motivated > and > > on track. I suspect that Markus does not quite feel the same way about > 'em, > > so I'm just trying to not sign him up for stuff.) > > More regular meetings sit fairly low on my personal wish list. > > O:-) O:-) O:-)