On Friday, October 11, 2019, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote: > Hi Michael, > > On 9/2/19 4:01 PM, Michael Rolnik wrote: > >> This series of patches adds 8bit AVR cores to QEMU. >> All instruction, except BREAK/DES/SPM/SPMX, are implemented. Not fully >> tested yet. >> However I was able to execute simple code with functions. e.g fibonacci >> calculation. >> This series of patches include a non real, sample board. >> No fuses support yet. PC is set to 0 at reset. >> >> the patches include the following >> 1. just a basic 8bit AVR CPU, without instruction decoding or translation >> 2. CPU features which allow define the following 8bit AVR cores >> avr1 >> avr2 avr25 >> avr3 avr31 avr35 >> avr4 >> avr5 avr51 >> avr6 >> xmega2 xmega4 xmega5 xmega6 xmega7 >> 3. a definition of sample machine with SRAM, FLASH and CPU which allows >> to execute simple code >> 4. encoding for all AVR instructions >> 5. interrupt handling >> 6. helpers for IN, OUT, SLEEP, WBR & unsupported instructions >> 7. a decoder which given an opcode decides what istruction it is >> 8. translation of AVR instruction into TCG >> 9. all features together >> >> [..] > >> Michael Rolnik (7): >> target/avr: Add outward facing interfaces and core CPU logic >> target/avr: Add instruction helpers >> target/avr: Add instruction decoding >> target/avr: Add instruction translation >> target/avr: Add example board configuration >> target/avr: Register AVR support with the rest of QEMU, the build >> system, and the MAINTAINERS file >> target/avr: Add tests >> >> Sarah Harris (1): >> target/avr: Add limited support for USART and 16 bit timer peripherals >> > > Overall architecture patches look good, but I'd like some more time to > review the hardware patches. Unfortunately I won't have time until November. > There was a chat on IRC about your series, > > I don't see the reason why do you initiate IRC communication on this topic, if we have the mailing list for discussing such important issues as introducing a new target (that should be definitely visible to all participants). Thanks, Aleksandar > > > > I suggested Richard we could merge patches 1-4 and 7. They are almost > sufficient to run the qemu-avr-tests gdbstub tests (but not the FreeRTOS > ones). > > Regards, > > Phil. > >