On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 7:33 AM Daniel P. Berrangé wrote: > The use of submodules has imposed significant pain on QEMU developers over > the years, and as such I think our general goal should be to have zero git > submodules over the long term. Usage of submodules ought to be considered > a short term workaround only, with a clear criteria for removal. We should > continually introduce dependancies on newer & newer versions, as that means > we'll never have any opportunity to remove them and reduce the cost on > QEMU. > submodules have caused me significant pain in rebasing the bsd-user work. The way QEMU does things, you wind up with unclean trees after a build, which causes grief at times... I for one, would shed no tears at the number of submodules dropping to 0. Warner