On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 01:06:53PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote: > On 22/03/21 07:39, David Gibson wrote: > > > QEMU doesn't really keep track of "in flight" unplug requests, and as > > > long as that's the case, its timeout even will have the same issue. > > Not generically, maybe. In the PAPR code we effectively do, by means > > of the 'unplug_requested' boolean in the DRC structure. Maybe that's > > a mistake, but at the time I couldn't see how else to handle things. > > No, that's good. x86 also tracks it in some registers that are accessible > from the ACPI firmware. See "PCI slot removal notification" in > docs/specs/acpi_pci_hotplug.txt. > > > Currently we will resolve all "in flight" requests at machine reset > > time, effectively completing those requests. Does that differ from > > x86 behaviour? > > IIRC on x86 the requests are instead cancelled, but I'm not 100% > sure. Ah... we'd better check that and try to make ppc consistent with whatever it does. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson