Am 26.10.2021 um 15:41 hat Stefan Hajnoczi geschrieben: > Actually, nevermind what I said about the callback scenario. I don't > think that is a problem because the compiler cannot assume the __thread > variable remains unchanged across the callback. Therefore it cannot > safely cache the value. And additionally, I think callbacks are never coroutine_fn (especially not if they come from an external library), so they must not yield anyway. > So I think only the header file scenario is a problem. The mere existence of a __thread variable in the header file isn't a problem either, but if QEMU accesses it, we would have to implement wrappers similar to what you're proposing for QEMU's thread local variables. Kevin