QEMU-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
To: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <dgilbert@redhat.com>
Cc: "Peter Maydell" <peter.maydell@linaro.org>,
	"Daniel P. Berrangé" <berrange@redhat.com>,
	"Samuel Ortiz" <sameo@linux.intel.com>,
	"Kashyap Chamarthy" <kchamart@redhat.com>,
	"Philippe Mathieu-Daudé" <philmd@redhat.com>,
	"Richard Henderson" <richard.henderson@linaro.org>,
	"QEMU Developers" <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>,
	"Stefan Hajnoczi" <stefanha@redhat.com>,
	"Alex Bennée" <alex.bennee@linaro.org>
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] more automated/public CI for QEMU pullreqs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 19:05:25 +0200

On 22/08/19 18:50, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Paolo Bonzini (pbonzini@redhat.com) wrote:
>
> (That was Dan's comment)
>
>> In theory I agree.
>>
>> In practice, the major compelling functionality is portability.  If it
>> is true that setting up runners is problematic even on aarch64, frankly
>> GitLab CI is dead on arrival.  If it is not true, then I'd be very happy
>> to use GitLab CI too.
>
> IMHO if for some weird reason Gitlab has problems on aarch64 then we
> just need to get that fixed.

I'm sure it's just some packaging or deployment issue.  But
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/merge_requests/725 has been
open for more than one year; the last two messages are:

* 1 month ago: "I hope we will be able to merge it soon"

* 3 weeks ago: "Today I tried use gitlab-runner on my arm64 box, however
it kept mysteriously failing"

So the question is simply who does the work.

Paolo