qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* Questions about qtest on interrupt controller
@ 2021-03-25  2:37 LIU Zhiwei
From: LIU Zhiwei @ 2021-03-25  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

When I am writing  qtest  cases for an interrupt controller,  I
encounter some problems.

*1) Can't intercept both the irq in and irq out for the same device.*

It's a necessary feature for an interrupt controller qtest. However, as
you can see  from qtest.c,  when a device has intercepted irq out or irq
in, it can't intercept another.

" if (irq_intercept_dev) {

             qtest_send_prefix(chr);

             if (irq_intercept_dev != dev) {

                 qtest_send(chr, "FAIL IRQ intercept already enabled\n");

             } else {

                 qtest_send(chr, "OK\n");

             }

             return; }

"

In my opinion,  this code in qtest is protecting from intercepting irqs
repeatedly. But irq in and out are different directions, they should be
intercepted simultaneously. Is it right?

*2) Can't get  the right IRQ num.*

If  I  intercept an IRQ out,  I can get the num of IRQ if the IRQ
raises, .  But the really IRQ I want to get is the IRQ that the
interrupt controller selected out. However I can't get this IRQ from
qtest_irq_handler.

Are there already some methods to surmount these problems?  Any advice
is well appreciated. Thanks very much.

Zhiwei