On 03/12/19 15:28, Kevin Wolf wrote: >> * It's possible to argue against this and personally I'm not that >> convinced by stubs for this scenario. But io_uring.o should be >> consistent with how things work today with linux-aio.o. If you feel >> strongly against having stubs then the linux-aio.o stubs should also be >> removed (see commit c2b38b277a788). > I don't really like having block-specific things like Linux AIO or > io_uring in util/async.c, but given that they have per-AioContext state, > it's not clearly wrong either. A good reason to have AioContext in util/async.c is that nowadays Linux supports poll() via the AioContext ring too, and that would allow doing busy polling of network sockets. Paolo