Joshua, > For the structure of the vendor space, you extend 'skip_length' from 8 > bits to 16 bits. > > Structure > > u8 OUI[3], u8 sub_namespace, __le16 skip_length > I'm neutral on that. My question is why not extend 'sub_namespace' to > 16 bits too? I don't see much point in having more than 255 sub-namespaces per OUI, do you? > I hardly see that a vendor extension part can go over 255 > bytes. But if that happens, it's quite likely that the extension may > contain more than 8 fields. Where are you taking 8 fields from? After the vendor extensions bit, the vendor extension puts vendor-defined presence bits into the it_present bitmap. Therefore, you have an unlimited number of fields per vendor sub-namespace, as such I see little reason to support more than 255 sub-namespaces. johannes