RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
To: radiotap-qavaossjCcEdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org
Subject: FYI: wiki spam
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:37:48 +0200

All,

Wiki spam was getting more and more of a hassle to clean up after, so I
added a password that is needed to sign up and edit the wiki. I've added
the people I knew from the list of people who have an account to this
page:
	http://www.radiotap.org/TrustedEditorsGroup

So that they don't need the password. Also, those people can read this
page:
	http://www.radiotap.org/TextchaPassword
which shows the password. Everybody else can't see the password.

If you have an account but I didn't add you, please ask. The list of
usernames is long due to spammers and I just scanned it briefly for
names I recognised.

If somebody asks to have the password I'll reply in private with the
password and on the list that I'm handling it. Then, after they sign up
for an account, I'll also add them to the trusted group above since it's
just an anti-spam mechanism.

If I'm on vacation or something I hope somebody else will be able to do
that :-)

johannes