This is a request for adoption of the long-discussed A-MPDU status extension. I finally got around to implementing it for testing. This proposal adds the following field, as also documented on http://www.radiotap.org/suggested-fields/A-MPDU%20status Bit Number: 20 Structure: u32 reference number, u16 flags, u8 delimiter CRC value, u8 reserved Required Alignment: 4 bytes The presence of this field indicates that the frame was received as part of an a-MPDU. The reference number is generated by the capture device and is the same across each subframe of an A-MPDU. Since the capture device might be capable of capturing multiple channels or data from multiple (concurrent) captures could be merged, the reference number is not guaranteed to be unique across different channels. As a result, applications should use the channel information together with the reference number to identify the subframes belonging to the same A-MPDU. The following flags are defined: 0x0001: driver reports 0-length subframes 0x0002: frame is 0-length subframe (valid only if 0x0001 is set) 0x0004: last subframe is known (should be set for all subframes in an A-MPDU) 0x0008: this frame is the last subframe 0x0010: delimiter CRC error 0x0020: delimiter CRC value known: the delimiter CRC value field is valid 0xffc0: reserved Within an A-MPDU, the subframe index can be determined by the application so it is not included, but depending on the driver reporting this may miss 0-length subframes. --- end of description --- I've attached patches against wireshark to parse and the Linux kernel (the stack and the iwlwifi driver) to report this field. Barring any objections, I will repost at the end of the month for and make the wiki updates to adopt this proposal. At that time, I'll also file a bug against wireshark to update, with this patch. johannes