RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Have new bits been defined for the A-MPDU Status field in the radiotap header for HE?
@ 2018-01-25 15:14 Richard Sharpe
       [not found] ` <CACyXjPxfD2K_YdHJVU3gm3Ms90gqXV9YnDoQonMviN2y4qXk0Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Richard Sharpe @ 2018-01-25 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw

Hi folks,

I have a capture that has the value 0x00c0 in the A-MPDU Flags section
of the A-MPDU status field. These bits are currently listed as
reserved.

The HE folks are also saying they need to see an EOF bit to identify
S-MPDU packets.

Does anyone know anything about that?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe

* Re: Have new bits been defined for the A-MPDU Status field in the radiotap header for HE?
       [not found] ` <CACyXjPxfD2K_YdHJVU3gm3Ms90gqXV9YnDoQonMviN2y4qXk0Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-25 16:15   ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2018-01-25 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Sharpe, radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw

On Thu, 2018-01-25 at 07:14 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a capture that has the value 0x00c0 in the A-MPDU Flags section
> of the A-MPDU status field. These bits are currently listed as
> reserved.
>
> The HE folks are also saying they need to see an EOF bit to identify
> S-MPDU packets.
>
> Does anyone know anything about that?

Yeah this probably came from us - I sent a note about it about 10 days
ago, that we were planning to make that addition.

Since I haven't heard anything about that, I think I'll just propose it
as an official part of the standard.

johannes