RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
To: Richard Sharpe
	<realrichardsharpe-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Cc: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: [RFA] HE support
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:06:00 +0100

On Tue, 2018-02-20 at 06:59 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> > I think it'd be better to split this:
> > flags1: 0x0080: reserved
> > flags2: 0x0003: bandwidth from bw field in HE-SIG-A with the values
> >                  0 - 20 MHz
> >                  1 - 40 MHz
> >                  2 - 80 MHz
> >                  3 - 160/80+80 MHz
> > flags2: 0x0004: bandwidth from bw field in HE-SIG-A known
> > flags2: 0x0008: preamble puncturing from bw field in HE-SIG-A known
> > flags2: 0x0300: preamble puncturing from bw field in HE-SIG-A,
> >                 with the values
> >                  0 - non-puncturing mode
> >                  1 - punctured secondary 20 MHz
> >                      (in primary 80 MHz if applicable)
> >                      [maps to HE-SIG-A bandwidth values 4 or 6]
> >                  2 - punctured but primary 40 MHz is presented
> >                      (in primary 80 MHz if applicable)
> >                      [maps to HE-SIG-A bandwidth values 5 or 7]
> >
> > Richard, did you do any work on the HE-MU field yet that would collide
> > with such a change?
>
> I have, but:
>
> 1. It's WIP, so it has not been merged yet, and
> 2. It looks like maybe an hour's work at most to fix it.

Ok. Yeah, shouldn't be so hard to fix.

> So, I would say, accuracy is more important.

It's not really *inaccurate* as such, but it seems it'd be easier to
understand - and perhaps some devices would have the bandwidth but not
the puncturing mode available after decoding, for example.

I'll change it like that and resend the whole proposal.

johannes

  parent reply index