radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
* [RFA] A-MPDU EOF bit
@ 2018-01-26 10:50 Johannes Berg
       [not found] ` <1516963842.2189.27.camel-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Johannes Berg @ 2018-01-26 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A

Hi all,

As previously mentioned, here's my RFA for the EOF bit in the A-MPDU
field.

For HE in particular, we need to be able to capture the EOF bit in an
A-MPDU, but it also applies in VHT where single frames are really A-
MPDUs with just a single frame inside.

The change to make is the following:

 | **0x0010** | delimiter CRC error |
 | **0x0020** | delimiter CRC value known: the delimiter CRC value field is valid |
-| **0xffc0** | reserved |
+| **0x0040** | EOF value |
+| **0x0080** | EOF value known |
+| **0xff00** | reserved |

I have a patch to implement it in a generator here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwifi.git/commit/?id=55269b3861b4fbe21fdc6d7392cbe9c5bef98374
(I'll follow up with a driver patch, we have it but not pushed out yet)

Richard has a change for wireshark here:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/25472/

Hereby starting the 3-week discussion period :-)

Thanks,
johannes