radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
From: Bill Stafford <bill.stafford-BUHhN+a2lJ4@public.gmane.org>
To: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Channel field info for 6 GHz channels
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:27:25 -0700	[thread overview]

Sorry for the basic questions on this.
Has there been any discussion on 6 GHz channels representation in a RadioTap header?

The Channel field has a frequency field and I see flags for 5G and 2G.

Should a 6 GHz channel just be represented in the Channel field as the center frequency of the entire channel BW and neither bits set for 5G or 2G? (The frequency indicates that it is a 6G channel, so no need for a 6G bit I imagine.)

Does the channel bandwidth information get encoded in the radiotap header? Or it just supposed to be inferred from the cf? (I think one cf in 6G can only belong to one 20/40/80/160 MHz channel.

I hope these are simple questions that might be answered off the cuff. If there is some code I should look to, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-Bill