radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
* [RFC] L-SIG field
@ 2018-07-02 14:37 Johannes Berg
       [not found] ` <1530542232.3117.5.camel-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Johannes Berg @ 2018-07-02 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A

Looks like we need this, any thoughts? Seems like a straight-forward
extension.

---
title: L-SIG
categories: [suggested]
---
Bit Number
: 27 (tentatively assigned, field data may change)

Structure
  - u16 data1, data2

Required Alignment
: 2

Unit(s)
: none

This field indicates - if known - the contents of the L-SIG.

## data1

| **`0x0001`** | rate known |
| **`0x0002`** | length known |
| **`0xfffc`** | (reserved) |

## data2

| **`0x000f`** | rate |
| **`0xfff0`** | length |

* Re: [RFC] L-SIG field
       [not found] ` <1530542232.3117.5.camel-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-07-02 17:45   ` Simon Barber
From: Simon Barber @ 2018-07-02 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Berg; +Cc: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A

I'd love to see this! It would be very useful for the Wireshark timeline, to accurately display aggregate duration when not all the subframes are passed up by the driver.

Simon