radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
From: Wojciech Dubowik <Wojciech.Dubowik-ASv44eHyqLVBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
To: Simon Barber <simon-vp0mx6+5gkqFX2APIN6yfw@public.gmane.org>
Cc: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: MCS field - STBC and Ness
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:04:51 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,
   Atheros families 9002 and 9003 support only one STBC stream. I think
I have seen a Ralink chipset
which supports 2 stream at least on receive. I am not sure about transmiter.
On Atheros you get STBC flag and two bits Ness field for received
packets but In the patch there is is only flag reading but you could add
Ness yourself it's only two bits left from the flag.

Myself I have tested only one stream but I did it only by looking
whether other party is setting rx descriptor bit. I don't know how it
looks "in the air". I trust manufacturer;o)

It's true that only one bit was allocated in wireshark extension. Should
have been two but it's a bit waste. My proposal wasn't accepted but in
the end I think it's ok becasue I have managed to get all info in vendor
namesapes where I can do what I want.

Br,
Wojtek