RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Simon Barber <simon-vp0mx6+5gkqFX2APIN6yfw@public.gmane.org>
To: Thomas Pedersen <thomas-W/OLz77bvjtBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
Cc: "radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org"
	<radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: TSFT
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 23:20:29 -0800

Unfortunately this patch does not do a very accurate calculation, so it
makes the problem worse. It simply multiplies rate by the number of
bits to get a time. This does not take into account the limited
accuracy in rate (11n has fractional rates), nor does it consider the
rounding into blocks caused by FEC, or symbols. As a result the data is
made worse by the current code. Either the code should do an accurate
fix, or it should record the raw value and let the end user correct it
properly.

Simon