radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
From: Mathy Vanhoef <vanhoefm@gmail.com>
To: Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net>
Cc: radiotap@netbsd.org
Subject: Re: Proposed Tx flag: don't reorder frames
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 04:05:36 +0400	[thread overview]

To follow up on this: the only downside is that OpenBSD is using the
TX flags identifier to report the hardware queue on which a frame was
received.

Since Linux and NetBSD are using TX flags, and Wireshark decided to
already accept the patch to support TX flags as well, it seems to make
sense to let this identifier represent TX flags. Then only one
implementation (OpenBSD) would have to be updated to match this. I'm
assuming nobody would be against this, since there have been more than
three weeks to discuss this, and nobody brought this up.

What's the next step? Adopt the proposal in one week if there are no
further objections?

Best regards,
Mathy

PS: Is the archive on https://lore.kernel.org/radiotap/ being updated?