For HT and VHT one of the things that is missing is the total length of aggregates (including padding) - it’s in the L-SIG header, would be nice to have it exposed (since most chipsets pass up everything that’s in the header). I assume the same will be true for ax. Also some standardized way to put aggregates back together. My latest wireshark extension uses same TSF as that clue. See https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/20043/ Simon > On Feb 13, 2017, at 5:23 AM, Johannes Berg wrote: > > Hi, > > We're looking to add HE/11ax extensions to radiotap. > > Has anyone else already identified the data that would be necessary? > > So far I have - assuming 'presence bits' for each, > > for HE_SU: > * beam change (1 bit) > * UL/DL (1 bit) > * MCS (4 bits) > * DCM (1 bit) > * BSS color (6 bits) > * spatial reuse (TBD) > * bandwidth > * GI+LTF size (2 bits) > * Nsts > * TXOP duration (7 bits) > * Coding (BCC/LDPC) > * LDPC extra symbol flag > * STBC flag > * TX BF flag > * pre-FEC padding factor > * PE disambiguity > * doppler mode > > for HE_MU: > * UL/DL > * MCS > * DCM > * BSS color > * spatial reuse > * TXOP Duration > * bandwidth > * # of HE SIGB symbols > * SIG-B compression > * GI+LTF size > * # of HE-LTF symbols > * LDPC extra symbol flag > * STBC > * pre-FEC padding factor > * PE disambiguity > * doppler mode > * RU allocation > * center 26 tone RU > * per-user: STA-ID, Nsts, TX BF, MCS, DCM, Coding > > for HE_TRIG: > (similar to HE_SU but a little restricted) > > > Obviously a number of these fields are in all three formats, and I > haven't really done a full size analysis, but perhaps we should split > the extra MU fields into a separate bit so that they don't have to have > space allocated to them when not used, for SU/TRIG formats? > > johannes