regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: "regressions@lists.linux.dev" <regressions@lists.linux.dev>,
Subject: Re: [REGRESSION] 5.16rc1: SA_IMMUTABLE breaks debuggers
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 06:43:57 +0100	[thread overview]

On 17.11.21 19:47, Kyle Huey wrote:
> rr, a userspace record and replay debugger[0], is completely broken on
> 5.16rc1. I bisected this to 00b06da29cf9dc633cdba87acd3f57f4df3fd5c7.

TWIMC: To be sure this issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed,
I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 00b06da29cf9dc633cdba87acd3f57f4df3fd5c7
#regzbot title SA_IMMUTABLE breaks debuggers like rr
#regzbot ignore-activity

FYI: I removed everyone else and the other lists from the To or CC to
avoid noise, as this mail is meaningless for them.

Ciao, Thorsten, your Linux kernel regression tracker.

P.S.: If you want to know more about regzbot, check out its
web-interface, the getting start guide, and/or the references documentation:

https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/
https://gitlab.com/knurd42/regzbot/-/blob/main/docs/getting_started.md
https://gitlab.com/knurd42/regzbot/-/blob/main/docs/reference.md

But note, regzbot is doing its first field-testing now and thus still
has some bugs. Adding this regression will help be to find them, hence
feel free to ignore this mail or any errors you spot in the web-ui.