regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)" <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: kernel test robot <yujie.liu@intel.com>,
	Qi Zheng <zhengqi.arch@bytedance.com>
Cc: oe-lkp@lists.linux.dev, lkp@intel.com,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,
	"Andrew Morton" <akpm@linux-foundation.org>,
	"Vlastimil Babka" <vbabka@suse.cz>, "Kirill Tkhai" <tkhai@ya.ru>,
	"Roman Gushchin" <roman.gushchin@linux.dev>,
	"Christian König" <christian.koenig@amd.com>,
	"David Hildenbrand" <david@redhat.com>,
	"Davidlohr Bueso" <dave@stgolabs.net>,
	"Johannes Weiner" <hannes@cmpxchg.org>,
	"Michal Hocko" <mhocko@kernel.org>,
	"Muchun Song" <muchun.song@linux.dev>,
	"Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@kernel.org>,
	"Shakeel Butt" <shakeelb@google.com>,
	"Yang Shi" <shy828301@gmail.com>,
	linux-mm@kvack.org, ying.huang@intel.com, feng.tang@intel.com,
	fengwei.yin@intel.com,
	"Linux kernel regressions list" <regressions@lists.linux.dev>
Subject: Re: [linus:master] [mm] f95bdb700b: stress-ng.ramfs.ops_per_sec -88.8% regression
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:59:52 +0200	[thread overview]

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 23.05.23 03:35, kernel test robot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> kernel test robot noticed a -88.8% regression of stress-ng.ramfs.ops_per_sec on:
>
> commit: f95bdb700bc6bb74e1199b1f5f90c613e152cfa7 ("mm: vmscan: make global slab shrink lockless")
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master

To be sure Linus is aware of the pending revert before releasing -rc7,
let me add this to the list of tracked regressions:

#regzbot ^introduced f95bdb700bc6bb74e1199b1f5f90c613e152cfa7.
#regzbot title mm: problems with the SRCU changeover (two reverts pending)
#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/ZH6K0McWBeCjaf16@dread.disaster.area/
#regzbot fix: Revert "mm: vmscan: make global slab shrink lockless"
#regzbot ignore-activity

Side note: "Revert "mm: vmscan: add shrinker_srcu_generation"" (also in
mm-hotfixes-unstable/next) is related. See
https://lore.kernel.org/all/51cbf269-daff-d7b8-653f-7ba388475ab8@linux.dev/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.