regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: regressions@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: amd | ASUS ROG Strix G513QY fails to resume from suspend [regression] (#2008) #forregzbot
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 10:16:03 +0200	[thread overview]

TWIMC: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. These mails usually
contain '#forregzbot' in the subject, to make them easy to spot and filter.

On 10.05.22 12:33, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 10.05.22 10:37, Paul Menzel wrote:
>> Dear Linux regressions folks,
>>
>> A user reported a regression [1], which also trickled down to the stable
>> series, for example between 5.15.13 and 5.15.14.
>>
>> [1]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2008
>
> Many thx for forwarding. I'll add it to the tracking to ensure it's not
> forgotten:
>
> #regzbot introduced: 887f75cfd0da44c19dd
> #regzbot from: spin83
> #regzbot title: drm: amdgpu: ASUS ROG Strix G513QY fails to resume from
> suspend
> #regzbot link: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2008
>
> Maybe the culprit is actually daf8de0874ab5b74b38a38726fdd3d, the report
> is not clear on that, I just picked the newest the reporter mentioned
> for now.

#regzbot introduced: eaa090538e8d21801c6d5f94590c3799e6a5
#regzbot fixed-by: a56f445f807b0276

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.