regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)" <regressions@leemhuis.info>
To: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>,
	John Garry <john.g.garry@oracle.com>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	Sagar Biradar <sagar.biradar@microchip.com>,
	"Martin K. Petersen" <martin.petersen@oracle.com>,
	Adaptec OEM Raid Solutions <aacraid@microsemi.com>
Cc: "stable@vger.kernel.org" <stable@vger.kernel.org>,
	Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>, Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>,
	scsi <linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	Gilbert Wu <gilbert.wu@microchip.com>
Subject: Re: scsi regression that after months is still not addressed and now bothering 6.1.y users, too
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:24:50 +0100	[thread overview]

On 21.11.23 14:05, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
> Leemhuis) wrote:
>> On 21.11.23 12:30, John Garry wrote:
> [...]
>>> Is there a full kernel log for this hanging system?
>>> I can only see snippets in the ticket.
>>> And what does /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/nr_hw_queues show?
>>
>> Sorry, I'm just the man-in-the-middle: you need to ask in the ticket,
>> as  the privacy policy for bugzilla.kernel.org does not allow to CC
>> the reporters from the ticket here without their consent.
>
> How did you arrive at that conclusion?

To quote https://bugzilla.kernel.org/createaccount.cgi:
"""
Note that your email address will never be displayed to logged out
users. Only registered users will be able to see it.
"""

Not sure since when it's there. Maybe it was added due to EU GDPR?
Konstantin should know. But for me that's enough to not CC people. I
even heard from one well known kernel developer that his company got a
GDPR complaint because he had mentioning the reporters name and email
address in a Reported-by: tag.

Side note: bugbot afaics can solve the initial problem (e.g. interact
with reporters in bugzilla by mail without exposing their email
address). But to use bugbot one *afaik* still has to reassign a ticket
to a specific product and component in bugzilla. Some subsystem
maintainers don't want that, as that issues then does not show up in the
usual queries.

Ciao, Thorsten