rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Missing RUST_EXAMPLE option in linux-next-20210331
@ 2021-04-01  6:18 Manas
From: Manas @ 2021-04-01  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

I am working on a device driver in rust in linux-next as an academic
project. I used the following command to create .config:

$ make LLVM=1 menuconfig

But, sometimes the RUST_EXAMPLE option is not visible in menuconfig
(under /Device Drivers/Character devices/). It seemingly happens at
random that this option disappears, despite having a working rust
nightly environment (and other dependencies).

My rust nightly version is 2021-02-20-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, with
rustc 1.52.0-nightly.

Can someone point me to why is this happening?

Thank you
--
Manas
CSAM Undergraduate | 2022