rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
To: rust-for-linux@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Notes from 2021-04-24 call, location / venue  next call
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 08:36:18 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 05:08:04PM -0400, Geoffrey Thomas wrote:
> Here's what I remember, please let me know if I misssed anything!

> Meeting infrastructure
> ===
>
> We've been offered the use of LWN's BigBlueButton server if we want to
> switch to that instead of Google Meet.

Please make that switch.

> It seems like a good choice
> but there weren't a lot of very strong opinions either way.

Here, this mailinglist, we can _all_ express opinion on it.

Google Meet did again insist on an account. The no login succes
of last week during a test seemed to be a fluke.
Inside (that single session) was my microphone not detected.

My encounters with BigBlueButton are much better
* Microphone being detected
* No account hassle

> Also, there were a good number of attendees who were interested in this work
> on behalf of their day job, so we might want to have a meeting on a weekday.
> We might also want to find a time that works better for Asia time zones, or
> alternate between the two times.
>
> (The meeting also went two hours long - in my opinion we should just plan on
> that for the future, there's plenty of stuff to discuss. :) )

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse