rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Finn Behrens <me@kloenk.de>
To: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com>, me@christine.website
Cc: rust-for-linux@vger.kernel.org, linux@petabyte.dev,
	Joerg Thalheim <joerg@thalheim.io>
Subject: Re: Rust-for-Linux Hydra CI
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:07:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

> On 16. Apr 2021, at 15:00, Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> PS: I’m not sure If this will break if we rebase to a newer linux version, as nix needs a version to find some files.
>
> If we rebase, does it affect negatively Hydra or some of the other
> tools? i.e. would we be blocking some other project in some way? If it
> is just us seeing a "red" state in the CI, then I think it is fine :)

I confirmed that rebasing breaks the build. But yes this is only a red state as the build fails, but it does not block anything. Ofcourse if we get around to build nixos-vm tests those tests are also blocked as there is no kernel that builds and so can be tested. But still, this is only a broken state, and does not affect any other projects.
We can also monitor different branches of the rust-for-linux linux tree, where a rebase in one branch would not affect another branch.

Maybe Christine want’s to add tests, the nix derivations are at https://github.com/rust-for-linux/nix and are automatically updated by hydra, as I should write my finals and not linux tests :-).

CU,
Finn