rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [Rust for Linux] Poll for call
@ 2021-03-03 10:26 Miguel Ojeda
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-03 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

Hi all,

It has been about 2 months since the last call. We have a few bits to
discuss regarding upstreaming, so I think it is a good time to have
another informal call.

Like last time, you are welcome to join even if you have been busy
lately but still want to follow development. So don't worry about
getting up to speed -- I'll give a quick briefing if needed.

I propose next weekend Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th at 18:00 UTC like
last time (EU evening / US afternoon).

Please let me know which day you prefer, if any, and feel free to
Cc/invite whoever you want!

Cheers,
Miguel

* Re: [Rust for Linux] Poll for call
@ 2021-03-04 17:41 ` Nick Desaulniers
       [not found] ` <CACAkLurwvSnV-5VuY1=Pocaw0VW-Axv=DgmU83v1NP=+a6ExAA@mail.gmail.com>
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2021-03-04 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda
  Cc: rust-for-linux, Arnd Bergmann, Jeffrey Vander Stoep,
	Sami Tolvanen, Wedson Almeida Filho

Either work for me! EOM

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 6:54 PM Miguel Ojeda
<miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It has been about 2 months since the last call. We have a few bits to
> discuss regarding upstreaming, so I think it is a good time to have
> another informal call.
>
> Like last time, you are welcome to join even if you have been busy
> lately but still want to follow development. So don't worry about
> getting up to speed -- I'll give a quick briefing if needed.
>
> I propose next weekend Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th at 18:00 UTC like
> last time (EU evening / US afternoon).
>
> Please let me know which day you prefer, if any, and feel free to
> Cc/invite whoever you want!
>
> Cheers,
> Miguel

~Nick Desaulniers

@ 2021-03-05 12:00   ` Miguel Ojeda
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-05 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sumera Priyadarsini; +Cc: rust-for-linux

Hi Sumera,

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM Sumera Priyadarsini
<sylphrenadin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Miguel!
>
> I recently came across this project and joined the mailing list. I am very new to rust, and (less new) to kernel programming but would still like to be contribute and be part of this, if there are any beginner issues.

https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux/issues/90 is possibly a good
one to start :)

> I was also wondering who this meeting is for and if it's okay for me to join in.

It is usually a handful of us that are involved with the project in
one way or another, but you are welcome to join!

@ 2021-03-05 16:00   ` Wedson Almeida Filho
From: Wedson Almeida Filho @ 2021-03-05 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Desaulniers
  Cc: Miguel Ojeda, rust-for-linux, Arnd Bergmann,
	Jeffrey Vander Stoep, Sami Tolvanen

Either work for me as well.

@ 2021-03-05 16:57     ` Adam Bratschi-Kaye
From: Adam Bratschi-Kaye @ 2021-03-05 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wedson Almeida Filho
  Cc: Nick Desaulniers, Miguel Ojeda, rust-for-linux, Arnd Bergmann,
	Jeffrey Vander Stoep, Sami Tolvanen

I can also do either day.

@ 2021-03-05 17:25 ` Josh Triplett
       [not found] ` <B1F9C55A-AA3D-418C-8C2C-BB1EE794D5D1@kloenk.dev>
From: Josh Triplett @ 2021-03-05 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda, rust-for-linux

On March 3, 2021 2:26:15 AM PST, Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>It has been about 2 months since the last call. We have a few bits to
>discuss regarding upstreaming, so I think it is a good time to have
>another informal call.
>
>Like last time, you are welcome to join even if you have been busy
>lately but still want to follow development. So don't worry about
>getting up to speed -- I'll give a quick briefing if needed.
>
>I propose next weekend Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th at 18:00 UTC like
>last time (EU evening / US afternoon).
>
>Please let me know which day you prefer, if any, and feel free to
>Cc/invite whoever you want!
>
>Cheers,
>Miguel

Either works for me.

@ 2021-03-06  9:15   ` Miguel Ojeda
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-06  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Finn Behrens; +Cc: rust-for-linux

Hi all,

It looks like everyone that replied can do it both days, with Finn
having some time constraints.

Finn, how is your weekend shaping up? Would picking one of the two
days help you a bit with your schedule?

Cheers,
Miguel

@ 2021-03-06  9:23     ` Finn Behrens
From: Finn Behrens @ 2021-03-06  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda; +Cc: rust-for-linux, milan

Hi,

I would prefer Saturday 18:00 UTC.
I als got my schedule a bit cleaned up, so not a problem anymore.

Cheers,
Finn

@ 2021-03-06  9:32       ` Miguel Ojeda
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-06  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Finn Behrens; +Cc: rust-for-linux, milan

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Finn for managing to do it this weekend!

Saturday 18:00 UTC (today! :-) is it then!

See you later,

Cheers,
Miguel

@ 2021-03-06 14:16     ` Sumera Priyadarsini
From: Sumera Priyadarsini @ 2021-03-06 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda; +Cc: rust-for-linux

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 5:30 PM Miguel Ojeda
<miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sumera,
>
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM Sumera Priyadarsini
> <sylphrenadin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Miguel!
> >
> > I recently came across this project and joined the mailing list. I am very new to rust, and (less new) to kernel programming but would still like to be contribute and be part of this, if there are any beginner issues.
>
> https://github.com/Rust-for-Linux/linux/issues/90 is possibly a good
> one to start :)

Awesome, I will check it out!

> > I was also wondering who this meeting is for and if it's okay for me to join in.
>
> It is usually a handful of us that are involved with the project in
> one way or another, but you are welcome to join!

That sounds great, thanks!

- Sumera

@ 2021-03-24 12:41 ` Miguel Ojeda
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-24 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 4:14 PM Miguel Ojeda
<miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> wrote:

> so I propose Saturday 27th or Sunday 28th at 18:00 UTC like last time

Let's do it Sunday 28th at 18:00 UTC then.

@ 2021-03-18 20:58   ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2021-03-18 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 12:57:53PM -0400, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 12:40 PM Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As discussed in the previous meeting, let's have one meeting focused
> > on having a re-review of the code for the RFC.

Not sure what kind of a meeting, but my intention is to attent
and just listen.  Hear what real programmers talk about.

> > We have a fair amount of new code coming in and I am preparing a few
> > things too, but it should still be fine by the original schedule [1],
> > so I propose Saturday 27th or Sunday 28th at 18:00 UTC like last time
> > (EU evening / US afternoon).
> >
> > If all goes well, we should be able to send the RFC soon after -rc5.
>
> I will hopefully be able to make that -- the 27th is unusually busy
> for a pandemic day for me :-)

Both 2021-03-27 [2]  and 2021-03-28 are fine for me.

Regards
Geert Stappers

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/rust-for-linux/CANiq72knSgMU30A2ALaJGY5FWumPKU18ThvfjR1t14_77kYLrQ@mail.gmail.com/
[2] https://xkcd.com/1179/  Oops 2013-02-27  was in Februari eight years ago
--
Silence is hard to parse

* Re: [Rust for Linux] Poll for call
@ 2021-03-16 16:57 ` Alex Gaynor
From: Alex Gaynor @ 2021-03-16 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda; +Cc: rust-for-linux

I will hopefully be able to make that -- the 27th is unusually busy
for a pandemic day for me :-)

Alex

--
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

* [Rust for Linux] Poll for call
@ 2021-03-16 15:14 Miguel Ojeda