rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Hanqing Zhao <ouckarlzhao@gmail.com>
To: rust-for-linux@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [Question] import third-party crates in kernel modules
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:01:04 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi, Rust-for-Linux community,

Is it possible to import third-party crates in the kernel modules?
(e.g., crates on crates.io)

Previously, in the linux-kernel-module-rust project,
we can add dependencies in the cargo.toml.
(https://github.com/fishinabarrel/linux-kernel-module-rust/blob/master/hello-world/Cargo.toml)

However, I noticed that all of the cargo's infrastructures have been
removed in the new rust-linux project.

Any suggestions to import crates while writing kernel modules?  TIA.

Best,
Hanqing Zhao
Georgia Tech