rust-for-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Linux Plumbers Conf 2021
@ 2021-05-04 17:34 Nick Desaulniers
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2021-05-04 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

This year the Linux Plumbers Conference (https://linuxplumbersconf.org) will
be fully virtual, and will happen from September 20-24th 2021.

As part of the event, we are organizing a `Toolchains and Kernel
Micro-conference' devoted to discuss specific topics involving kernel and
toolchain.  It will cover both the GNU Toolchain and LLVM.

As in previous years, the emphasis will be in discussing specific topics that
require collaboration/interaction between the kernel and the toolchain chaps.
Examples of topics are wrapping of syscalls, specific features in the
compiler/linker/etc that are used by the kernel, desired optimizations,
features to alleviate security concerns on the kernel side, and the like.

In order to get the Micro-Conference accepted we need to provide a list of
both topics and prospective attendants, so that's why I am reaching out to you
asking for:

1) Topics your project may want to discuss with the kernel hackers, during the
   event.

2) Whether you are willing to contribute and/or participate in the
   micro-conference.

Please let me know @ ndesaulniers@google.com.

~Nick Desaulniers

* Re: Linux Plumbers Conf 2021
@ 2021-06-24 20:31 ` Nick Desaulniers
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2021-06-24 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux

Our MC has been formally accepted:
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/blog/2021/index.php/2021/06/21/toolchains-and-kernel-microconference-accepted-into-2021-linux-plumbers-conference/

Would you mind please submitting a formal talk proposal at:
https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/abstracts/

In the bottom right, click "Submit new proposal" then make sure to
select "Toolchains and Kernel" under the Track dropdown.

The Content field will be what's shown to attendees.  We'd like to
close our CFP by August 14th, 2021.

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 10:34 AM Nick Desaulniers
<ndesaulniers@google.com> wrote:

> This year the Linux Plumbers Conference (https://linuxplumbersconf.org) will
> be fully virtual, and will happen from September 20-24th 2021.
>
> As part of the event, we are organizing a `Toolchains and Kernel
> Micro-conference' devoted to discuss specific topics involving kernel and
> toolchain.  It will cover both the GNU Toolchain and LLVM.
>
> As in previous years, the emphasis will be in discussing specific topics that
> require collaboration/interaction between the kernel and the toolchain chaps.
> Examples of topics are wrapping of syscalls, specific features in the
> compiler/linker/etc that are used by the kernel, desired optimizations,
> features to alleviate security concerns on the kernel side, and the like.
>
> In order to get the Micro-Conference accepted we need to provide a list of
> both topics and prospective attendants, so that's why I am reaching out to you
> asking for:
>
> 1) Topics your project may want to discuss with the kernel hackers, during the
>    event.
>
> 2) Whether you are willing to contribute and/or participate in the
>    micro-conference.
>
> Please let me know @ ndesaulniers@google.com.
>
> --
> Thanks,