On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 09:42:08PM +0100, Miguel Ojeda wrote: > Hi Conor, > > On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 2:37 PM Conor Dooley wrote: > > > > This is a somewhat blind (and maybe foolish) attempt at enabling Rust > > for RISC-V. I've tested this on Icicle, and the modules seem to work. > > I'd like to play around with Rust on RISC-V, but I'm not interested in > > using downstream kernels, so figured I should try and see what's > > missing... > > I've tagged this as RFC in case I've missed some "WAaaaa you can't do > > this" somewhere :) > > Thanks for sending this and taking the lead on RISC-V Meh, far from it. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling if it really is as trivial as this seems. > I appreciate > you put me as the author, but in this case, it was actually Gary that > started the RISC-V port [1], and then I sent three PRs on top later > on. The stuff that I have lifted here all had you as the sole author in the "rust" branch downstream, which is why I gave you authorship. Namely: afba78eacb9b ("rust: generate target specification files on the fly") 732b3c386328 ("rust: target: remove `cpu`") I don't see anything from [1] in these commits, so I don't think that I made a mistake here. > When submitting something on behalf of somebody else, I suggest being > very careful and ideally contacting the authors beforehand. In > particular, if there has been any modification (including to the > commit message), then a note should be added explaining so. It's RFC for a reason, I've had a poor track record with off-list emails to people that do not know me so would rather do it this way :) Probably should have noted that I wrote the ~placeholder commit messages though, apologies. I'll sort that out for a potential v1. > Therefore, please double-check everybody that contributed to the lines > you are sending (e.g. via `git-blame`) and add them as That's what I did! Unless I missed something that was non-obvious, the only name on the commits I lifted was you. Is there somewhere else I should have looked for that information? > `Co-developed-by`. Also, please add a note of what you changed/wrote > e.g. square brackets, and `Link` tags to the original PRs/discussions. If this goes to v1, I will note that I wrote the commit messages. Apologies, Conor.