SELinux-Refpolicy Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
To: selinux-refpolicy@vger.kernel.org
Subject: systemd_generator_t vs systemd_generator_type
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 13:02:10 +1000

This combination of names is confusing.  As a general rule I think we
shouldn't have a type name be a substring of an attribute name.  Having an
attribute name as a substring of a type name is less of an issue but still
best avoided.

/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-bless-boot-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-hibernate-resume-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-run-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-system-update-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-veritysetup-generator
/usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/30-systemd-environment-d-
generator

Above are the generators on my system that run as systemd_generator_t.  Would
systemd_generator_generic_t/systemd_generator_generic_exec_t be an OK name?