SELinux-Refpolicy Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Jason Zaman <jason@perfinion.com>
To: Lukas Vrabec <lvrabec@redhat.com>
Cc: selinux-refpolicy@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: New boolean for using bluetooth
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:02:38 +0800

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 06:58:27PM +0200, Lukas Vrabec wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I added new SELinux boolean[1][2] to Fedora SELinux policy called
> deny_bluetooth.
>
> I would like to push it also to refpolicy, however, refpolicy is not
> using bluetooth_socket at all, it's defined in policy but not used by
> any SELinux domain. Can I create patch also with adding these rules from
> Fedora policy? And also, for some reason my colleagues didn't follow
> name conventions of global booleans with refpolicy (I didn't find any
> deny_* boolean in refpolicy). So if it make sense to add these kind of
> boolean also to refpolicy, should I defined it as allow_bluetooth ?

I'd love for these to be upstreamed! but yes it should be named
"allow_bluetooth" and should be default disabled. Refpolicy doenst have
any deny_* booleans, and always defaults to disable.
(When we pull down into gentoo some booleans are default enabled but
upstream always goes the secure route.)

-- Jason

> [1]https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy/commit/54c05f2645a660c545ec406558b42687df2552a7
> [2]
> https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy-contrib/commit/5a0561d7b67ae8403d4e1a44acfc8db40ee269a5
>
> Thanks,
> Lukas.
>
> --
> Lukas Vrabec
> Senior Software Engineer, Security Technologies
> Red Hat, Inc.

  parent reply index