SELinux-Refpolicy Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Nicolas Iooss <nicolas.iooss@m4x.org>
To: selinux-refpolicy@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Adding a typo-checker for the .fc files of refpolicy
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:38:12 +0200

Hello,

After introducing a buggy file context in the policy (which will be
fixed with https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/66), I
decided to write a typo-checker for the .fc files. I am re-using some
code I have already written in order to label files in /usr/bin
correctly on Arch Linux (I wrote this for
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/19). It seems it
already caught another issue in policy/modules/services/monit.fc. The
"s9" seems to be a misspelling for "s0" in:

/etc/rc\.d/init\.d/monit --
gen_context(system_u:object_r:monit_initrc_exec_t,s9)

Is there an interest in having such a script in the repository? If
yes, in which directory?

In my humble opinion, it would be nice to have such a script and to
make Travis-CI run it. I nevertheless feels uncomfortable with putting
it in the "support" directory, because it is not involved in building
or installing the reference policy. I am therefore suggesting creating
a new directory, named "bin" or "scripts". Such a directory would
contain scripts such as this typo-checker and some other scripts that
could be useful when working on refpolicy. What do you think about
this?

Thanks,
Nicolas