SELinux-Refpolicy Archive on lore.kernel.org
* systemd_generator_t vs systemd_generator_type
@ 2020-04-11  3:02 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2020-04-11  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux-refpolicy

This combination of names is confusing.  As a general rule I think we
shouldn't have a type name be a substring of an attribute name.  Having an
attribute name as a substring of a type name is less of an issue but still
best avoided.

/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-bless-boot-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-hibernate-resume-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-run-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-system-update-generator
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-veritysetup-generator
/usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/30-systemd-environment-d-
generator

Above are the generators on my system that run as systemd_generator_t.  Would
systemd_generator_generic_t/systemd_generator_generic_exec_t be an OK name?

* Re: systemd_generator_t vs systemd_generator_type
@ 2020-04-14 15:06 ` Chris PeBenito
From: Chris PeBenito @ 2020-04-14 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker, selinux-refpolicy

On 4/10/20 11:02 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> This combination of names is confusing.  As a general rule I think we
> shouldn't have a type name be a substring of an attribute name.  Having an
> attribute name as a substring of a type name is less of an issue but still
> best avoided.
>
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-bless-boot-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-hibernate-resume-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-rc-local-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-run-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-system-update-generator
> /lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-veritysetup-generator
> /usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/30-systemd-environment-d-
> generator
>
> Above are the generators on my system that run as systemd_generator_t.  Would
> systemd_generator_generic_t/systemd_generator_generic_exec_t be an OK name?

I'd accept a patch for this.

--
Chris PeBenito