selinux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Changing selinux enforcing mode at runtime
@ 2019-09-09 17:16 Srivatsa Vaddagiri
From: Srivatsa Vaddagiri @ 2019-09-09 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

Hello,
    I wanted to know the behavior when selinux enforcing mode is
changed at runtime via security_setenforce() API. Lets say we boot
with selinux in permissive mode and after bootup we change it to
enforcing mode. My question is related to the tasks that were created
before we enabled enforcing mode. Would their subsequent file
operations fail once selinux is set to enforcing mode (even though the
policy may have been set to allow their access to say a file)?

Thanks!
vatsa