SELinux Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org>
To: SElinux list <selinux@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: CFLAGS overridden by distribution build system
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 12:56:43 +0200

Hello,

The current build system of the userspace is setting a lot of CFLAGS,
but most of these are overridden by the distributions when building.

Today I received a bug report[0] from Christian Göttsche asking me to
set -fno-semantic-interposition again in libsepol. I see also the same
flag and also a lot of others set in libselinux and libsemanage build
system.

For what I understand some of these are just needed for code quality
(-W) and could be controlled by distributions but others might actually
need to be always set (-f?).

Shouldn't the flags that always need to be set (which ones?) be moved to
a "override CFLAGS" directive to avoid these to be unset by distributions?

Kind regards,

Laurent Bigonville

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=961329